top of page

Our Partners


An organization designated by the Department of State to sponsor and administer J-1 Programs.

Do I need a sponsor?

Yes. The State Department designates U.S. government, academic and private sector entities to conduct educational and cultural exchange programs. To participate in the Exchange Visitor Program, foreign nationals must be sponsored by one of the State Department-designated sponsors. The program sponsors are responsible for screening and selecting eligible foreign nationals for participation in their designated exchange visitor program, as well as supporting and monitoring exchange visitors during their stay in the United States. (U.S. Department of State,

Go International has partnered with a number of sponsor organizations that are designated by the US Department of State to sponsor and administer the J-1 Intern/Trainee programs. Their roles include, but not limited to:

  • Host company & applicant vetting

  • Issuing DS-2019 to successful applicants

  • Applicant’s health insurance

  • Program monitoring through routine evaluations

bottom of page